About 8 years ago, the SYHA Board noticed a trend of declining enrollment. To try to reverse that trend, the Board initiated a new position called Mite House & Hockey Stars Development Director. We have been very fortunate that this role has only had two people fill in for all these years. Fred Wergeles started the position and Todd Swenson succeeded Fred. Todd has done a unbelievable job with increasing our numbers and giving parents a consistent face upon sign in at Hockey Stars through Mite House. I am willing to bet just about everyone in SYHA knows Todd Swenson. Todd took this position after already serving 5 years on the board as a Director of Coaching at Large position. Todd will be stepping down from his current position, and the SYHA Board. It is with whole hearted Thanks and Gratitude for a job so well done. I know I speak for our entire SYHA family - Thank you Todd for your time of volunteerism leading our new members into the SYHA organization and family!
We are now looking for someone to carry on the role of Mite House & Hockey Starts Development Director. It is largely an administrative role with a few of the highlights of the position below. Our goal is find someone quickly that can work with Todd for the second half of the season to fully learn the position. If you are available and would like to get involved with our Simsbury Youth Hockey Board, please send me an email and let’s talk.
Mite House & Hockey Stars Development:
1) Market learn to play hockey (Hockey Stars) and entry level hockey program (Mite House) to perspective players ages 4-10.
2) Advertise in Yankee Flyer and Valley Press in mid to late August and again in September.
3) Purchase signs to promote fall sign ups.
4) Answer questions from new hockey families about ice time, level of play, equipment, etc.
5) Attend Board meetings
6) Check in players at each Hockey Stars Session and each Mite House session start.
7) Find team managers for Mite House teams
8) Encourage parents to get involved on the ice and off ice.
9) Keep Website updated with Division information.